Best Chalk Top Coat (polyurethane product, satin finish only)
Best Chalk Top Coat from Heirloom Traditions Paint is specifically designed to go over our paints and waxes. It provides top-notch protection for surfaces that get a lot of use, such as table tops and kitchen cabinets. Best Chalk Top Coat is scratch-resistant and holds up to household chemicals, alcohol and water.
How to Use: Application is easiest with a foam brush or foam roller. Stir (do not shake) the product before using. Apply the first coat and let dry completely; approximately 12 hours. Some users wipe the wet top coat with a lint free cloth in even smooth strokes in one direction only (but don't over do). It is important to let the first coat to dry completely before applying another coat. Finish with a second coat for optimal protection. The goal is to apply in thin smooth layers. Let dry 24-48 hours before using the surface. Allow a week of cure time to develop maximum scratch and moisture resistance.
- Designed for use over our paint and wax products to create a hard shell finish and permanent top coat alternative
- Polyurethane (** requires paint thinner cleanup)
- Available only in satin finish
- Adds a protective finish coat to your finished piece
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- More durable than polyacrylic (water based) top coats
- ** Polyurethane may tend to yellow with UV light; may show amber tint when applied to whites and light shades of paint. (unlike polyacrylic/water-based top coats)
- ** Use in a well ventilated area. This product does have a strong odor until cured.
- Recommended for exterior surfaces. For Interior surfaces, consider Aqua Clear Ultra Finish Top Coat (water based, low VOC’s)