Venetian Texture Medium
This exciting new product is a paint additive to thicken your chalk type paint for a Venetian plaster look or chippy paint look. Add age to a modern cabinet with ease!
This product (4 oz. jar) will thicken 2-3 quarts of paint, depending on the thickness desired.
How to Use:
- Prepare surface to be textured by cleaning with a degreasing cleaner such as TSP.
- Use a prime such as Ultra Guard, if covering a non porous surface such as Formica or metal.
- Start by selecting your paint color. Add four (4) teaspoons of Venetian Texture Medium per pint (16 oz) of paint. Stir well. Let the paint sit for a minimum of 5 minutes to allow the thickening process to occur. It does not occur immediately. If after 5 minutes, you have not reached the desired consistency, you may repeat the process of slowly adding medium and allowing to thicken 1 tsp at a time.
- Begin applying the paint mixture to your surface using a drywall putty knife or credit card. Create texture in the surface using cross hatch method.
- Allow to dry one hour.
- Once texture is beginning to dry in areas, using a drywall putty knife or credit card, scrape over the wet areas and drag them across the dry areas to create even deeper textures. TIP: Keep your knife at a 90 degree angle for best results.
- Allow texture to dry thoroughly.
- Once texture is dry, you may begin to enhance the textured finish using waxes, stains, glazes or other paint finishes.
- Finish and protect the Venetian Textured finish by using a protective top coat finish such as Aqua Clear Top Coat.